On Friday August 24 my family and I went to adopt a baby suclata tortoise and we named him/her Atlas Tuk Tuk Taviano. After we picked Atlas up, we went to my Grandma and Papaw Taviano’s cabin, on the little Miami river. My Papaw thought that his shell looked like a pop bottle cap.

We ate lunch there, and we had cheeseburgers. We played a lot with Atlas on the hill, he climbed a lot of rocks. We also went on a boat ride and looked for turtles, which if we find one we get 25 cents, we ended up finding around 25 turtles, a deer which is a dollar, a snake another dollar, 2 tree stands, and a squirrel another dollar, in just 2 boat rides.

While we were there we found a rock for Atlas, and also my Dad and Papaw found a log and cut part off and hollowed the rest out with a circular saw and a chain saw, and now Atlas sleeps in the log and climbs on the rock. Atlas had a lot of fun at the cabin! For dinner we had Buckeye pizza, which was really really good! After dinner we went on our second boat ride. And after the boat ride we came home and put Atlas in his new home!

12 thoughts to “The Cabin

• Ruth

Cabins & boat rides sound like fun! I’m glad you got your turtle. 🙂 Question though – what is Buckeye pizza?

• Olivia Taviano

It’s the name of the pizza place where we got the pizza from.

• Jennifer Griffin

What a fun time!!! It sounds like Atlas is already spoiled! Noah and Titus would LOVE your grandparents cabin. I wonder if your grandpa will pay me to find turtles, deer and snakes? Nah… 🙂 Love your blog!

• Olivia Taviano

The cabin is really fun, anybody would probably like it!

• Ali

What a blast!

• Sharon

How fun! I was at the zoo yesterday and saw a huge turtle and thought of your family. I’ll send the picture to your Mom in an email soon.

• Olivia Taviano

I think their huge tortoises might be Galapagos Tortoises which are the largest tortoises in the world! Sulcata tortoises are the third largest tortoise in the world, and also the largest main land tortoise in the world.

• Grandma T.

We always have FUN, when you come…Orphan Annie’s was closed that day…..when I went and got the Pizza…looking forward to this next weekend…love you , Liv….

• Bethany

I want to visit your grandparents’ cabin!!! I think that’s great that you’re having so much fun with Atlas! I can’t wait to meet him!

• Olivia Taviano

Next time we visit you hopefully we can bring Atlas!